This application will allow users to look up the chemical inventory status of chemical substances by CAS number.
Users can request a trial account to access the app, or they can log in using their existing ChemADVISOR Online log
What is a Chemical Inventory Search?
Many nations have established a list of chemical substances that are in commerce in that country. These lists are commonly known as chemical inventories.
Determining the status of a substance on a chemical inventory is an important first step in understanding how a particular substance is regulated in a country. Every country who has an inventory establishes and maintains their own chemical inventory in their own unique way. For instance, there may be exemptions for certain substances (i.e., if they are naturally occurring) or there may be exemptions available that would allow a substance to enter into commerce without being present on an inventory. Finally, some inventories allow for specific substance identities to be kept confidential.
This Chemical Inventory Search tool allows you to see quickly the inventory status of a chemical in those countries which have an inventory.
The Chemical Inventories included in the application are:
- The Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS)
- The Canadian Domestic Substances List (DSL) and Non-Domestic Substances List (NDSL) for both chemical substances and organisms
- The Chinese Inventory of Existing Chemical Substances (IECSC)
- The European Union’s European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances (EINECS)
- The European Union’s European List of Notified Chemical Substances (ELINCS)
- The Japanese Existing and New Chemical Substances (ENCS)
- The Japanese Industrial Safety and Health Law Substances (ISHL)
- The Korean Existing Chemicals Inventory (KECI/KECL)
- The Korean Ministry Of the Environment Toxic Chemicals Control Act (TCCA) Inventory of Non-Toxic Chemicals
- The Mexican National Inventory of Chemical Substances (INSQ)
- The New Zealand Inventory of Chemicals (NZIoC)
- The Philippines’ Inventory of Chemicals and Chemical Substances (PICCS)
- The Turkish Regulation on Inventory and Control of Chemicals - HPV Chemicals
- The Turkish Regulation on Inventory and Control of Chemicals - Inventory of Chemicals
- The United States’ Section 8(b) Inventory of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- The United States’ Section 8(b) Inventory Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) with PMN Number to EPA Accession Number Link