Mamadou, a talibé* forced begging on the streets has decided one day to travel across Dakar City to find his biological parents.
* Talibé: Senegal's child beggar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talibe)
The game system is intended to be very simple. The goal is to lead Mamadou to the house of his biological parents. To do so, the player must cross roads while avoiding cars, rivers with the help of canoes and rails while avoiding the little blue train. To make the game a little more attractive, bonuses are available at times and the landscape is scattered with various obstacles. And finally, the game also includes two other dimensions:
- A tourist dimension: the graphic design is inspired by the city of Dakar including carrapides, local taxis, the little blue train, canoes, carts, the Pink Lake, ...
- A social dimension: in the sense that it is possible to compare your performance with that of your friends and even challenge them.
HOW TO PLAY :
- Tap to move forward
- Swipe down, left or right to move in those directions
"Cross Dakar City is a mobile Frogger game featuring a street kid and a sociocultural message.
Who knew such a dark topic could translate into such a colourful game?" - IGN (http://za.ign.com/tech/98629/news/cross-dakar-city-is-a-mobile-frogger-game-featurin)
"The best and most innovative solution in Entertainment & Lifestyle from Senegal" - World Summit Award 2015
Nominated for Best of Online Activism Awards in the category "Tech for Good" http://thebobs.com/english/category/2016/tech-for-good-2016/#post-5981
Best African App (finalist) https://www.appsafrica.com/finalists-announced-for-appsafrica-innovation-awards-2015/
- African start-up award (candidate) http://www.ny-forum-africa.com/en/african-start-up-award
"Cross Dakar City c’est mieux que Candy crush !!" - Afrocentriklab (http://afrocentriklab.com/cross-dakar-city-cest-mieux-que-candy-crush/)
- The Observers France 24 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkDXz4kXcQU
- RFI English : https://youtu.be/T0YTOlVYKKs
To follow the project: