The Decodable Readers Australia books support a systematic approach of learning to read. This approach ensures kids are given the “right-fit” book. Decodable, or phonic readers, only contain words made up of the sounds a child has learnt. Within each level in the Decodable Readers Australia Series, a new group of sounds is introduced. As children move through each level the sounds progress from simple to complex.
The Decodable Readers Australia – Level 1 books introduce the sounds s, a, t, p, i, n. All the words in each of the 20 books in Level 1 are made up of only these sounds and minimal sight words. This small number of sounds and the opportunity to practice using 20 different fun and engaging stories about Nat and her bush friends, allows children to master the beginnings of the basic code as well as blending and tracking.
Each story in Level 1 can be enjoyed by listening to the professional audio or read aloud with the support of tapping and hearing the word if required. The audio function can be controlled independently within each page. Both parents and teachers can support children with phonemic awareness, vocab, comprehension and development through the use of the pre-reading and post-reading activities provided within each story.
• listen to each story being read to them using the audio function
• use each book to practice reading independently
• tap each word to hear the sounds and the word if support is needed
• tap to turn each page for individual reading pace
• all Australian themes and characters
• beautifully illustrated with detail for engagement and enjoyment