The Eastern Orthodox Bible is a scholarly translation and edition of the Holy Scriptures based on the Patriarchal Greek Orthodox with extensive introductory material.
Only the New Testament is available at this time.
This New Testament text is based on the official ecclesiastical text published in 1904 by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople (documenting all significant variants to the Critical Text, Majority Text and Textus Receptus). It also provides extensive footnotes.
The main purpose of the EOB is to provide an accurate and easy-to-read English text of the Holy Scriptures that is suitable for use by Orthodox Christian communities and individuals, while providing an outstanding text for scholars.
- Share selected verses via Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- View history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details about the app.
Go to http://www.orthodoxanswers.org/eob for more information about the text.