Take simple steps to better health by reducing fat, salt and sugar in your diet.
Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, saturated fat, added sugar and kilojoules/calories. FoodSwitch has a database of packaged foods to help you identify those that are better for you and your family.
The George Institute has collaborated with: the Ministry of Health and Medical Services, Fiji; the College of
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Fiji National University; and the Pacific Research Centre for the Prevention of
Obesity and Non-communicable Diseases, to launch FoodSwitch in Fiji.
In three simple steps, FoodSwitch can help you towards better health by reducing the salt, fat and sugar in your diet:
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods
2. Get simple nutrition information on them
3. Switch to a healthier choice
- You can view the nutrition information in two modes:
1. Health Star Ratings – shows the overall healthiness of a product from 0.5 to 5 stars; the higher the star rating, the healthier the food.
2. Traffic Light Labels – if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat;
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised lists.
- Help us track the food supply by sending us pictures of new foods.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why respected health organisations around the world like FoodSwitch!
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions http://www.georgeinstitute.org/projects/foodswitch.
Note: The FoodSwitch Fiji app is incompatible with iPad devices. Please install it onto any mobile phone device.
|FoodSwitch South Africa|
|SaltSwitch New Zealand|
|FoodSwitch Hong Kong|
|HealthyFood Switch SouthAfrica|
|FoodSwitch New Zealand|