"This is exactly what I asked Alligator Apps to develop for my classroom. Thank you so much!"
The Fry 1000 Instant Words are a list of the most common words used for teaching reading, writing, and spelling.
These high frequency words should be recognized instantly by readers.
Dr. Edward B. Fry's Instant Words (which are often referred to as the "Fry Words") are the most common words used in English ranked in order of frequency.
In 1996, Dr. Fry expanded on Dolch's sight word lists and research and published a book titled "Fry 1000 Instant Words." In his research, Dr. Fry found the following results:
25 words make up approximately 1/3 of all items published.
100 words comprise approximately 1/2 of all of the words found in publications.
300 words make up approximately 65% of all written material.
To make learning the Fry Words fun, simple, and easy, we have broken all 1,000 Fry words into unique sets of 10 words each.
Why Fry Words from Alligator Apps? We believe that educational apps should be ridiculously fun, immensely educational, and affordable for all.
Ideal for Kids 1 - 4 Years Old
Alligator Apps User Stories:
"I really love this app! I use it daily with my daughter and she has already picked up on a handful of words within a weeks time. Easy to use and customize to your child needs."
"My son is learning the Fry's word list in school and this is the perfect app! What a time saver. Instead of having to create hundreds of flashcards here they are and it's FREE."
"Wonderful App! As a mom & as a certified Kindergarten teacher, I love all of the Alligator Apps. I use them with my infant twins daily & am brainstorming ways to use it with my students in the fall (specifically the shapes)!"
Why you and your kids will love this app:
• Add your own cards - you can add an unlimited number of new words and record your own voice
• Add new lists - you can add and group flash cards into customizable lists which is ideal for learning
• Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
• The application works both in portrait and landscape mode
• 5 unique game modes from easy (2 words only) to challenging (6 words per page)
• Fully customizable font size, font color, spelling (upper case, lower case, etc.)
• Unique continuous looping feature so you can go through hundreds of flashcards automatically
• Customizable speed - you decide how fast to go from flashcard to flashcard
• Infant mode - includes ability to select extra large font size and red font color (ideal for babies less than 12 months of age)
• Don't want to teach a given word? No problem, just delete the card
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and written words
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Digraphs sh - Flashcards & Games|
|Animal Sounds - Baby & Toddler Game|
|Secret Fry Words|
|Secret Sight Words|
|Kinder Lernen Lesen|
|Kids Learning to Read - Three Letter CVC Words|
|Sixth Grade Spelling Words|
|Categories - Categorization Skill Development App|
|Autism Social Categories and Behaviour App|
|WH Questions - Bingo App|
|Fifth Grade Spelling Words|
|Sight Word Fluency Phrases|
|Fourth Grade Spelling Words|
|Beginning Sounds - Endless Phonics Reader|
|Basic Concepts Assessment|
|Third Grade Spelling Words|
|Rhyming Words Center|
|Learn Patterns - Fall Patterning App|
|Second Grade Spelling Words|