The free ActiveCaptain app creates a powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and Garmin
chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Whether you use your Garmin products for cruising, fishing,
sailing or diving, this all-in-one app will help you enjoy your time on the water.
Just pair the app with your compatible chartplotter to wirelessly transfer and access charts and maps, updates, routes, waypoints and helpful feedback from the ActiveCaptain Community. And, with the purchase of the OnDeck Hub (1), you can track and monitor your boat from virtually anywhere.
The ultimate connected boating experience begins here with a boatload of features at your fingertips.
Please note, this app is not recommended for non-Garmin chartplotter owners and is not intended to be a standalone navigational app.
> Purchase charts from your mobile device and upload them on all your registered Garmin chartplotters at any time. You will get exceptional coverage, clarity and detail with charts that feature integrated Garmin and Navionics® data. Plus, the NOAA raster cartography (2) can be downloaded for free through the ActiveCaptain app
> Access and update charts with the ActiveCaptain app from nearly anywhere and wirelessly transfer them to your Garmin chartplotter the next time you’re on the water.
- PLAN A TRIP: Plan your trip or e-scout a new fishing spot all before you’re on the water. Then, transfer your data to your chartplotter where you can view your routes and waypoints.
- USER DATA SYNC: Automatically back up and sync your data between your chartplotter and the ActiveCaptain app.
- ACTIVECAPTAIN COMMUNITY: Join a community of fellow boaters to get up-to-date feedback on marinas, boat ramps and other points of interests. Check ratings, read reviews, and view pictures of various POIs to make informed decisions on the water. Plus, you can contribute to the community by adding POIs, reviews and pictures from your compatible mobile device.
- CONTROL YOUR CHARTPLOTTER: Using the built-in Helm™ feature, the ActiveCaptain app lets you view and control your compatible (3) chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet, even when someone else is at the helm (4).
- EASY SOFTWARE UPDATES: Receive notifications about the most recent software updates directly from the app, and update your chartplotter wirelessly.
- ONDECK HUB (1): Use the ActiveCaptain app to monitor and control your OnDeck system from nearly anywhere. Door open? Bilge running? Peace of mind comes in the form of text alerts and updates.
- QUICKDRAWTM COMMUNITY: Need more depth detail for your next fishing trip? Is a lake uncharted? Download the latest HD 1’ contours maps shared by your fellow boaters and sync with your chartplotter. You can also easily upload your own Quickdraw Contours.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS (4): Connect the app to your chartplotter and turn on smart notifications to see calls, text messages and more on the chartplotter display while your phone is somewhere safe and dry.
Download the app now to use all these features and get the most out of your time on and off the water.
1) OnDeck Hub sold separately and requires an active subscription plan.
2) NOAA Raster cartography cannot be viewed on echoMAP CHIRP and ECHOMAP Plus combos but can be viewed on mobile devices via the ActiveCaptain mobile app.
3) Helm is not compatible with ECHOMAP series chartplotters.
4) Check device compatibility on the ActiveCaptain App web page; Visit Garmin.com > Marine > App