One of the SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive's highest-rated games, Gunstar Heroes is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover Treasure’s classic gem!
A forgotten lunar super weapon, a totalitarian empire bent on world domination, and an insane General who’ll stop at nothing to bring the planet to its knees – only the Gunstar Heroes can stop him. Play as twin brothers Red and Blue, and embark upon one of the most treasured SEGA gems of all time. Arm yourselves with flame-throwers, homing missiles, and lasers to take the fight to the enemy’s HQ – the dreaded orbital fortress, the Ark!
Gunstar Heroes joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought back to life on mobile!
- Mix and match four different weapon types for a total of 14 firearm combinations
- Local, cross-platform multiplayer over local Wi-Fi
- Grab and throw your partner at enemies for vital hits that don’t take up ammo!
- Seven levels to explore, from an ancient ruin to a vast orbital fortress
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- HAPTIC SUPPORT: get into the game with responsive button presses
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
"Treasure is a treasure indeed and deserves a big round of applause for this phenomenal effort." [99%] - Skid, Diehard GameFan Vol. 1 Issue #10 (September 1993)
"Gunstar Heroes is a title no self-respecting Mega Drive owner can afford to be without." [94%] - SEGA Magazine #1 (January 1994)
"Prepare yourself for a real white-knuckle ride with Gunstar Heroes because it's that amazing!" [93%] - Paul Davies, Mean Machines SEGA #12 (October 1993)
"It's fast, it's fierce, and it's totally brilliant." [92%] - Steve Keen, Computer & Video Games #142 (September 1993)
GUNSTAR HEROES TRIVIA
- The game went under the working titles of Blade Gunner and Lunatic Gunstar
- This was Treasure's first game of six to hit the Mega Drive / Genesis over a two-year period
- M2, creators of the Game Gear port of Gunstar Heroes, went on to remaster the Mega Drive / Genesis original on 3DS over 20 years after the original release
GUNSTAR HEROES HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in 1993
- Developed by: Treasure
- Main Programmer: Mitsuru Yaida
- Lead Composer: Norio Hanzawa
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Gunstar Heroes, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
|Football Manager 2019 Mobile|
|Golf of Fury|
|FMdB Football Scout|
|Dynamite Headdy Classic|
|Football Manager Touch 2018|
|Football Manager Mobile 2018|
|ESWAT City Under Siege Classic|
|Decap Attack Classic|
|Beyond Oasis Classic|
|SEGA Slots: Vegas Casino 777|
|The Revenge of Shinobi Classic|
|Kid Chameleon Classic|
|Comix Zone Classic|
|Crazy Taxi Tycoon|
|Total War Battles: KINGDOM|