We've compressed and optimized the complete US Coast Guard's boat manufacturer database of over 16,000 boat builders, and over 30,000 brands to fit on your iOS device, so you can have lightning fast results wherever you are, with NO Internet access needed!
Important HIN Search features include:
• Decoding of US (12 digit) and international (15 digit) HINs
• Detection of suspicious or possibly altered HINs - an important first step to make sure a boat is not stolen!
• Boat manufacturer and build date information.
• Searching for manufacturers by their company or brand names
• No Internet access needed, so you can use this app no matter where you are.
• Favorites List, including your own personal notes.
• Developed by someone who knows and understands boats.
Nearly all boats (including fishing boats, power boats, sail boats, jet skis, kayaks, and canoes) imported or built in the US since 1972 are required to have a HIN by the federal government. The HIN will include when the boat was built, and by who. With the included Manufacturer database, HIN Search can also tell you a little bit about the builder, such as if they are still in business, their address, and sometimes even an email address or website.
What this app DOES NOT do:
• Retrieve boat model information other than year. This information is NOT encoded universally in the HIN. If the boat manufacturer is still in business, please contact them directly with your HIN.
• Tell you if the boat is stolen. We can tell you if the boat HIN looks suspicious and warrants a closer look, but that's it.
• Decode boat identification numbers for boat built before 1972.
• Retrieve boat's past or current owners or sale information. Please contact your local vehicle registration authority.
Please don't leave a negative review with regards to what is clearly stated above!
This app only decodes HINs for boats which were built or imported legally in the USA since 1972. Some older (1970s) boat manufacturers "in business" dates may be incorrect. The USCG records are sometimes inaccurate.
This is a great tool for both marine professionals and boat shoppers!
Ad free, and will relieve you of scratching your head wondering, "Who made that boat?"