- Computes the angles of any up to 5 vertices polygon
- Obtain coordinates (longitude, latitude) from the Google Map
- Create an infinite number of projects
- Import simple DXF files
- Email the data (longitude, latitude and altitude, and the coordinates of the points)
- Export the coordinates in a DXF file and then email it
- Zoom in/out on the map
- Rotate the map (360 degrees)
- Manually add points by giving the Longitude/Latitude of the point
- Compute the area of any sub-region on the fly
Calculating the area of a surface has never been easier!
Whether you are a civil engineer, a topographer, a student or a person who likes to build things on his/her own, you will find iTopography an invaluable tool.
iTopography is developed on the premise that a surface can be approximated as a polygon of finite number of lines and vertices (points). Therefore, iTopography can calculate the area of any surface, whether this surface is a garden, the living room, a field or even a geometrical shape for a homework class.
iTopography uses the GPS device to obtain the longitude and latitude of the current position. In the case of a weak signal (e.g., inside the house), the user is asked to give the distance and angle between two adjacent points.
In order for iTopography to compute the area of a surface, the user must move along the borders of the surface in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. When the user inserts a point, iTopography will connect the adjacent points with a straight line, draw the surface, and calculate the area of the surface along with its perimeter.