An adaptive practice programme to learn addition and substraction facts up to 20 that will really improve your math skills!
Designed for iPad and iPhone (NOT compatible with iPod).
Mathblobs is a practice programme which automatically adjusts itself to your math level. The programme chooses the right collection of sums and, within each collection, repeats the very sums you have problems with. When you are doing the sums you automatically get help when necessary . It makes practising almost as if it happens of its own accord. Because of the diversity of the games practising is varied which makes it easier to carry on.
The app has been created by RT Amersfoort (a practice for Remedial Teaching specialised in arithmetics).
Included in Mathblobs:
* Real games which are attractive for children! (so it's not just a nice background image like in many other apps).
* An entry test to determine the level to start with.
* Automatic selection of the right set of sums
* An adaptive way of presenting and repeating the right sums within each collection.
* Help when you don't know the outcome of a sum. So practising never gets too hard.
* Regular tests to measure the progress with clear feedback about the progress.
* Motivating saving system. By practising you build up your own blobs collection.
* Bonus game. Here you can put on the blobs you have collected. Every blob has its own character and certain specials which makes a game different every time.
* The possibility for a daily reminder for you not to forget to practise.
The app contains two math games and is fully operational.
Target group: primary education, secondary education, pupils suffering from difficulties in automising (dyscalculia).
Developed by: RT Amersfoort (Stephan Vermeire, The Netherlands)
Year of publication: 2014