Metronomics is not only a metronome, but a tool designed to help build a solid sense of time and rhythmic security. It's a new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
Now available across platforms for both iOS and macOS -- the most powerful metronome, available for all of your devices.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include built-in preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure (with any denominator) you like or practice mixed meters such as 4/4 + 3/8 + 5/4 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Set the metronome to speed up or slow down by a given amount after a set number of measures
- Have Metronomics start with a count off
- Set the metronome to run for a certain amount of time
- Share saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage. App shows how much you've practiced with it each day and total (optionally turn off time tracking)
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Speech sounds for counting up to 10 that can be assigned to any subdivision (English language only)
- Play in the background
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Manual (plus videos) describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Pro subscription features:
- Wheel view that allows you to visualize the passage of subdivisions with geometric shapes
- Grid view that lets you easily sequence patterns on a grid much like a drum machine, but with the more-powerful features of Metronomics
- Inspector mode -- graph your own playing with microphone or MIDI input and see how you line up with the metronome
- iCloud sync -- sync your saved metronomes via iCloud drive
- MIDI output -- set subdivisions to send MIDI data to outside MIDI synths or use an on-board synthesizer
Within Metronomics, there is an option to upgrade to Metronomics Pro, which is an auto-renewing yearly subscription service. It enables the following features:
- Service: Metronomics Pro
- Time period: one year, auto-renewing subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.