Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 11 studio-quality instruments (123 in the full version), a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
AWARDS & REVIEWS OF THE FULL VERSION
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic, dynamically configurable 60-key keyboard (85 in the full version)
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 11 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Sampler to a create custom instrument or kit from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 10 drum loops
• High-quality reverb, resonant filter, compressor and limiter effects
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo, signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
• Saving, exporting and sharing is disabled, hence only one song can be created.
• Only 11 instead of 123 instruments are available
• The number of audio tracks is limited to 2 (up to 127 in the full version)
• Only 1 user instrument or kit can be created (unlimited in the full version)
• The keyboard is limited to 5 octaves instead of 7 (85 keys)
• 6 Effects are not available: Delay, EQ, Amp, Phaser, BitCrusher, StereoWidener.
• Only 10 instead of 100 beats
• The full version features Files app support, iTunes file sharing and a WiFi server for exchanging files with your computer.
• MIDI import/export is disabled.
• The full version supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio.
• No add-on packages (+60 instruments)
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.