EMDEX (Essential Medicines Index) is Nigeria’s trusted source for drug and therapeutic information published since
1991. Based on both the WHO Model Formulary and Nigeria’s Essential Drugs List, EMDEX is unique to Nigeria as it also
details over 5000 drug products approved for use in the country.
Please note that the ad-containing version of this app is available for FREE download on Google Play and App Store. This ad-free version is only available here on MedHand portal.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
● A powerful search
● Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
● High resolution pictures
● Notes and picture notes
About this title
EMDEX is for healthcare professionals only.
EMDEX mobile app is intended to aid and not replace the professional judgement of the clinician. Every effort has been made to regularly update the contents of the drug information app. We do not however warrant the completeness and correctness of the entire publication and as such, shall not be held liable for any damages resulting from its use.
• Nigeria’s EMDEX now available on MedHand Mobile Library.
• Swift access to clinical drug information with or without internet. And you no longer have to worry about updates.
• Access your EMDEX and other clinical decision support tools anywhere and whenever you need it
• Instant information on over 5000 registered drug products when you need it, in your hands, both offline and online
• MedHand platform is quite user-friendly and intuitive.
• Easy-to-use navigation tools, cross-links, and links to external references including Pharmacovigilance
• Smart, versatile & powerful SEARCH functionality – just start typing, select & click.
• Search company (drop-down list will show all the brands associated with the pharma company), monograph (or generic name), preparation (or brand name) & title (or topic index)
• Dictionary – MEDICINE, DENTISTRY & NURSING
• Built-in medical calculators: BMI, Creatinine Clearance, etc.
• Bookmark pages or drugs you use often and click edit to individualize the information
• Add Notes – just touch & hold, select highlight & tap
• Nigeria’s Pharmaceutical Directory with links to individual companies’ websites
|Davidson's Essentials of Medicine, 2nd Edition|
|Lecture Notes: Elderly Care Medicine, 8th Edition|
|Epidemiology, 5th Edition|
|Oxford Specialist Handbook in Echocardiography, 2e|
|Pocket Prescriber 2015|
|Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pathology|
|Oxford Handbook of Clinical Immunology & Allerg 3|
|Instant Anatomy, 5th Edition|
|Fenichel's Clinical Pediatric Neurology, 7th Ed|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Second Edition|
|Diabetes Care, A Practical Manual, Second Edition|
|Oxford Assess & Progress: Situational Judgement 2e|
|The Maudsley Handbook of Practical Psychiatry 6 Ed|
|Oxford Handbook of Clinical & Healthcare Research|
|Heart Failure, Second Edition|
|Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, second edition|
|Vascular Surgery, Second Edition|
|The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult Standard Edition, 7th Edition|