Are you a learner of English who wants to improve your accuracy and make your English sound more natural?
The Oxford Collocations Dictionary shows you which words work together. It helps you express your ideas naturally and convincingly and is very useful for writing essays and reports.
The dictionary is an essential tool if you are preparing for the Cambridge ESOL First Certificate or Proficiency Exam, IELTS, or studying other subjects in English which require writing in English.
Look up a word to find which words are used with it. The dictionary guides you to the right word combination for your context showing you the most frequently used combinations in both British and American English.
• 250,000 word combinations and 9,000 noun, verb, and adjective collocations
• 75,000 examples showing how collocations are used
• 25 usage notes on collocations shared by words such as seasons, currencies, and language
• Pop-up definition and real voice spoken pronunciation for every word in the dictionary
• 17 pre-loaded topics contain useful word lists you can add to or edit
• Create and organize your own lists of favourite words
• Alphabetical index makes it easy to find collocates for any word in the dictionary
• ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search allow you to find a word even if you don’t know the spelling
• View your History to see the last 100 words you looked up
The word combinations are based on analysis of the Oxford English Corpus, a collection of three billion words of text from the English-speaking world that show the words that really do go together.
|Oxford Collocations Dictionary for students of English [牛津英语搭配学习词典]|
|OUP Catalogo ELT|
|Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries|
|Annals of Oncology (Journal)|
|Pain Medicine (Journal)|
|OUP ELT Catalogues|
|Oxford Phonics World|
|Together 3 & 4|
|Together 1 & 2|
|Learn and Practise: English to Go from Oxford|
|Day of the Dinosaurs – Oxford Read and Imagine Level 5|
|Invisible – Oxford Read and Imagine Level 6|