New UI and compatibility for iOS 7 and iOS 8!
Pocket Luach is an application that converts Jewish dates to and from regular dates. It also displays the name and dates of Jewish holidays and Jewish significant days. Pocket Luach displays the name of the Parasha read on Shabat and holidays.
WARNING: iPhone or Touch OS 7.0 or above is required.
Pocket Luach features are:
* Convert any date from the Jewish Calendar to/from the Civil Calendar
* Display all jewish holidays and significant Jewish events in history
* Display the name of the torah section read on Shabat, Jewish holidays, and Rosh Hodesh
* iPhone Pocket Luach settings tab available to configure the many features of the software
* UI is skinned (may be turned off in the iPhone's settings)
* List view that displays all upcoming events (Holidays...)
* List View can generate reports thru email (all days off needed, all Parashot...)
* Time View display praying times for anywhere in the world thru GPS location finding. A default location is definable in the iPhone settings view.
* Time View calculation rules is fully customizable in the iPhone's settings. Pocket Luach can therefore match whichever custom you follow.
* A Note View displays built-in comments about a selected date whenever available.
* A Siddur view displays the prayers for morning, afternoon, & evening services. it also displays the prayers after a meal or snack and the prayer said while traveling.
Coming in next update (awaiting Apple's approval): a Month View
Check also the Deluxe version which adds many features (among other features: add your own notes and remember your own important dates).
Other solutions exist on the web with similar functionalities but require a live internet access and/or a desktop computer to work. Also, the very fact that they require a live internet connection makes them very slow to use.
Being a native iPhone application, Pocket Luach allows for quick and simple conversion of dates on the go. This is useful for any observant Jew or for Gentiles doing business with observant Jews. For instance, with Pocket Luach, one can quickly make sure a proposed date for an appointment does not fall on a Jewish holiday before finalizing the date.
|Pocket Luach - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim)|
|Pocket Luach Deluxe - The Jewish Calendar (siddur, zmanim)|