Refracto is a user friendly tool for homebrewers that will help you to convert your refractometer measurements during a fermentation process from °Brix to SG or °Plato. It automatically compensates the alcohol effect during fermentation of your beer.
To use Refracto simply swipe to enter your original refractometer reading (from before fermentation) and the result of a current measurement. Refracto then immediately computes the following values:
- Original gravity
- Final gravity (apparent and actual)
- Attenuation (apparent and real)
- Alcohol by volume
At any time you can switch between four different modes of computation:
- Kleier (a modernized version of the Standard formula)
- Linear formula according Sean Terrill
- Cubic formula according Sean Terrill
- In addition to this App you will also need a Refractometer with a Brix-scale.
- The supported input range for refractometer readings is 0 to 32 °Bx.