SBS On Demand brings you the best of streaming TV – available anytime, anywhere, for free.
Download the SBS On Demand app to delve into a world of distinctive entertainment. Browse our extensive catalogue, including exclusive dramas, documentaries, and films, plus all your essential news and sport.
With over 6,000 hours of great TV from across the world and instant catch-up for your favourite SBS programs, there is something for everyone.
Download SBS On Demand on iPad and iPhone now to access the following features:
• SBS On Demand exclusives and Australian premieres available anytime, anywhere, for free.
• Instant access to catch up on your favourite SBS programs, including The Feed, Dateline, Insight, and more.
• Search by language, country, or category from over 900 movies, 50 drama series, and 200 documentaries, plus catch-up TV, to discover your favourite shows.
• Live-stream sport and other special events straight from your handheld device.
• Airplay support: Watch SBS On Demand on your TV by using the app with an Apple TV.
• Log in to optimise your experience:
- Sync your experience across SBS On Demand supported devices
- Add videos that tickle your fancy to your favourites
- Receive notifications on the shows you love and when they’re about to expire
- Playback support so you can continue watching where you left off
- Gain exclusive previews of new SBS programs
Want to know more? See our SBS On Demand FAQs here http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/faqs and follow SBS On Demand on Facebook and Twitter for the latest programs and updates.
If you choose to watch videos on the SBS On Demand app over your mobile provider’s network, you should take your data quota into consideration. This is the amount of data that your mobile phone company allows you to download each month at no extra cost. Should you exceed this quota, you may need to pay for extra costs.
Prior to using the SBS On Demand app on a mobile network, SBS recommends that you confirm with your mobile phone provider what your data quota is, as well as what the costs are for exceeding this quota. It is important that you monitor your usage to ensure that you don’t exceed your limit.
Please find below an approximate guide as to how much data could be consumed watching a SBS On Demand video on a mobile provider’s network. This assumes watching over a strong 3G connection, when data consumption is highest, and assumes that no data has been consumed other than via watching the video:
• 60 minute video - up to 675MB of data
• 30 minute video - up to 340MB of data
• 10 minute video - up to 115MB of data
• 5 minute video - up to 50MB of data
Watching SBS On Demand on any Apple device is metered regardless of your ISP.
Due to rights restrictions, most videos on SBS On Demand are geo-blocked to Australia.
Entertainment > small banner row 1
News > Best news apps
News > Best news apps > See All