Playnote SCALEBOOK for ABRSM lets you practise Scales and Arpeggios with an AI teacher and examiner after music lessons. You don't need to practise alone any more! SCALEBOOK also lets you prepare the scales part of the ABRSM examination in a more pleasant and entertaining way!
*** Grand and Gold Award Winner - Asia Smart App Award ***
*** Grand and Gold Award Winner - Hong Kong ICT Award ***
*** Merit Award (E-Learning) Winner - Asia Pacific ICT Award ***
*** Innovation and Creativity Award Winner - Hong Kong Awards for Industries ***
“I can be aware of the progress and practice of every student after lessons through Scalebook. This helps me have a better preparation of the next lessons for students. Thanks technology for bringing music education to another level!” – Diana Burdis: A violin teacher (London)
“It is awesome to practise together with Scalebook between the weekly music lessons. I can also use the mock exam
function to check my capability. Strongly recommended!” – Angel Chan: A flute music student (Hong Kong)
1. Practice companion at any time
- Full syllabus and contents of the ABRSM exam
- Demonstration recordings which can be listened to before practice
- Patented interactive music score with fingering. Fingering will be displayed once the music note is touched.
- Metronome which can set the speed according to your preference
- Real time analysis of performance with a comparison to exam requirements
- Issues in intonation, rhythm, speed, tone, etc. automatically pointed out
- Auto recording during practice for replay, which can improve memory
2. Mock exam
- Unlimited time to take mock exams
- Official exam requirements strictly followed
- Details, comments and scores for each question provided by the AI examiner
- Creation of real exam atmosphere and pressure, in order to let you have a better preparation
3. Records and sharing
- Date, time and performance of every practice and mock exam stored in your cloud account
- Review in Scalebook or Playnote Organizer (www.playnote.com) at any time
- Share practice progress with your music teacher through Playnote Organizer after inserting your teacher’s email information into your account settings
4. Detailed analysis
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses by the AI teacher in every practice and mock exam you take by big data analysis
- Display of your performance including accuracy, intonation, or confidence, in a simple diagram
- Provide a weekly breakdown of your performance based on data collected in order for you to better understand your progress
The current version supports violin, flute, trumpet, clarinet, alto-saxophone, oboe, descant recorder and treble recorder. The future version will support other music instruments.
* The syllabus on which SCALEBOOK for ABRSM is based is © by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and is reproduced by permission of the copyright owner.
Free for trial version and subscription fees for each music instrument are:
All grades 1-5: USD$6.99 monthly
Addition payments options is available: 6 months pre paid (USD$24.99) and Unlimited time (USD$71.99)
Currency and price may vary by location. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if any, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the service.