The SIMS Pocket Edition application is an iPhone application that when used with the SIMS iServer allows secured access for Alarm Central Station personnel, service technicians, installers and the central station clients. This application is for use only by authorized personnel and will only work with Alarm Central Stations supported by software from SIMS, Inc. Features supported by SIMS Pocket Edition are as follows:
• Access is controlled using the standard Operator Maintenance screen in SIMS. The WEB operator type limits what reports/functions they can perform.
• Dealers can access all their accounts (and only their accounts) with one login. Customers are restricted to just their account number. Accounts can be searched by Number, Name, Address and Class.
• Numerous styles of history reports, summary account listings and full database reports.
• Installation personnel can use the app to enter zones and contacts during installation, thereby improving accuracy of information since it can be approved on site by end users.
• Dealer technicians can modify Premise Name, Physical Address, Mailing Address, Email Address, Zone and Contact information.
• End Users can modify Premise Name, Physical Address, Mailing Address, Email Addresses and Contact information.
• Technicians can place accounts on test, monitor signals being sent during testing, then return account off test with out Central Station assistance.
• Technicians can see a list of the current Pending Work Orders which is sorted by the closest to their current location.
• Dealer, Customer and Service Work Order History Reports for streamlining daily operations.
• Complete audit trail of activity performed by users written into SIMS II/III/SQL history as well as detailed access logs.
• Data sent between the server and app uses a 1024 bit encryption protocol to protect the data being sent. App is configurable for central station's IP/Hostname and port number.
• Compatible with SIMS II, SIMS III Flat File and SIMS III SQL installations.
Your central station must be running a copy of our SIMS iServer product and you must have a designated login. You will have to contact your SIMS central station for this information.