Opinionated Sous Vide recommendations for chefs and home cooks alike! Tested, so you don’t have to. You can even remote control ERME SV Sous Vide Induction baths or the original Anova Precision Cooker*.
● Sous Vide time/temperature recommendations for ingredients such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, lamb, game, fish,
egg, fruits and vegetables.
● Set your own timers: Heat up your waterbath, start, stop, rewind, get notified when your food is ready.
● Remote control ERME basins or the original Anova Precision Cooker* over Bluetooth.
“Sous Vide °Celsius packs in some of the features we wish Anova included” - The Sweethome
● Temperature information in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
● Measurements in inches or cm.
● Step-by-step tutorials to get you started.
● Know-How section: Technical Sous Vide terms explained.
● Use personal notes to refine your own experiences.
● Includes more than 400 Sous Vide experiences tested by professional chefs.
● Support for iOS 13 dark appearance.
Convinced that Sous Vide is the best cooking method since the discovery of fire? Then you probably own a circulator or a similar device. To start a zip-bag, a cooking pot and a thermometer is all you need. Many Sous Vide recipes work without special equipment. But you will need good advice!
Sous Vide has been adopted in professional kitchens for producing precise and consistent results. The Sous Vide method produces perfectly cooked food with outstanding flavor. Its success in high-end cuisine changed the culinary world. With a few starting tips anyone can use this technique. Step-by-step tutorials and Sous Vide timers (mini-recipes with an alarm) help you along the way.
Ideas, suggestions or anything you would like to change? Contact us with your feedback on UserVoice!
The time for a piece of meat to reach a core temperature can be calculated. A formula using thermal diffusivity, thermal conductivity and surface heat transfer calculates the time such shapes as cylinders, cubes and steaks need to acquire a certain core temperature. Consider the PolyScience Toolbox App or Douglas Baldwin’s formulas for calculating pasteurization times.
But food is never an exact geometrical shape and waiting for an extra hour for a piece to reach an additional half a degree is impractical. Adjustments for speed and efficiency improve the Sous Vide experience. We have tested Sous Vide recommendations that work and tutorials that make the first steps easy - for professionals and home cooks alike!
Sous Vide - no other cooking method gives you so much control!
* If you want to use the app to control a Sous Vide device, use ERME machines or an original Anova Precision Cooker. Newer Anovas don't support 3rd party connectivity.