Codebook is a cross-platform password manager providing powerful and complete data encryption, a flexible data model, fast search, multi-device replication, Face ID and Touch ID authentication, and form-filling in Safari with the included Find in Codebook app extension.
Codebook is free to try for 14 days, after which an In-App Purchase of Codebook Pro is required to access the sync and editing features.
Codebook has been protecting sensitive information on mobile devices for 19 years, since the days of the Palm Pilot! It protects your passwords and personal information from unauthorized access by would-be crackers, malicious thieves, and snoopy coworkers. Stop using the same password for all your accounts! Codebook generates strong, random passwords and keeps them for you, protected by your master password and powerful encryption.
“By far the most resilient app to password cracking” — Elcomsoft, Black Hat EU 2012
* Optionally authenticate with Face ID and Touch ID
* Full support for AufoFill Passwords in iOS 12
* Fill out password login forms in Safari with the Find in Codebook app extension
* Designed to work on iPhone *and* iPad
* Sync over WiFi with Codebook for macOS and Codebook for Windows (sold separately)
* Sync over Drive or Dropbox (free Drive or Dropbox account required)
* Full text search as you type across all your records and fields
* Auto-lock timer allows you to keep Codebook temporarily unlocked while you switch apps
* Configurable field masking to hide sensitive data from view
* Erases clipboard when information is copied to be pasted in other apps after two minutes
* Supports both portrait and landscape device orientation
* Includes 200 gorgeous color icons for personalizing your records
* Generates two-step verification (TOTP) codes
* Scans QR codes with main camera
Find in Codebook:
* Fill out password login forms without leaving Safari!
* Tap the Find in Codebook item in Safari's Share Sheet
* Find in Codebook will authenticate you and look up the website in your records
* Just tap one of the results and the form will be filled in Safari
Use Stronger Passwords:
* Codebook helps you remember stronger passwords, but also to generate them
* The password generator allows you to generate random passwords from several common character sets, and adjusts for bias
* The password generator also supports Diceware passwords—both the Reinhold and Electronic Frontier Foundation variants
* Personalize categories to match your organizational style
* Customize your entries including usernames, passwords, websites, notes and create your own fields and labels
* Note records can be created in any category to store free-form text
* Store any information you want--no restrictive templates!
* Store URL connection strings (e.g. SSH, AFP, SFTP) to launch other applications directly
* Star your Favorites to get at them quickly and sort them to the top of search results
Encryption and Password Protection:
* Uses the open source, encrypted database engine SQLCipher
* 256-bit AES encryption in CBC mode protects all of your data
* 64,000 rounds of PBKDF2 SHA-1 key derivation
* Every encrypted database has its own random initialization vector
* Every page of storage has its own random initialization vector and HMAC protection
* Hardware-accelerated using CommonCrypto for speed and reduced battery consumption
More details are available at: https://www.zetetic.net/sqlcipher/
Sync with your Desktop:
Codebook for iOS is designed to work seamlessly with Codebook for macOS and Windows, sold separately. Sync your information with Codebook on your desktop for easy editing, data backup, import and export, integration with other apps and more. Check out https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/ for more details and a product tour for all platforms we support.
If you don't use Codebook desktop you can still backup your Codebook database for free using the Drive and Dropbox sync features.