THE APP THAT MAKES MEALTIME FUN AGAIN!
The Bite Button is a timer based game that guides kids through meals while tasking them to finish each bite by a predetermined time. Reframing meals to be fun and entertaining, parents will find kids willingly finishing meals that previously sat untouched causing frustration for child and parent alike.
Setting up meals is simple with the Bite Timer & Bite Plan controls. Parents select the amount of time bites needs to be consumed by in order to avoid a ‘missed bite’ followed by allocating bites across various food groups to ensure a well-balanced meal is consumed. Lastly, parents have the option of adding a dessert, which if selected, will be revealed to the child after a successfully completed meal.
Once the meal is started, kids will be instructed on which food to eat through the display of categorical food icons. The time remaining is displayed in large font in the center of the ‘bite button’ which they will press to complete each bite and advance.
Artie, a cartoon alligator & The Bite Button mascot, is a prominent character in the game and provides amusing feedback after each bite.
[+] KEY FEATURES
• QUICK OR CUSTOM SETUP: Meal Builder and Quick Bite modes allow parents to elect if they want to setup the bite plan & timer or get right to the meal using the Quick Bite’s preset metrics
• INTUITIVE FOR KIDS: Intuitive & clean user interface permits kids of most ages to quickly learn how to use the app & ultimately become self-sufficient in working through the meal planned by the parent
• FUN & ENGAGING: Artie pops out from his swamp after each bite to provide feedback (thumbs up or down)
[+] MODE & FEATURE DETAILS
~ MEAL BUILDER ~
• Meal Builder offers you a chance to designate the time limit between each bite which keeps the child on track to
complete the meal in a reasonable time while ensuring the pace matches both the parent and child’s comfort level.
• The Bite Plan is where the parents get the chance to allocate the desired bites consumed during the meal across a range of food groups: Protein, Veggie, Fruit, Diary, Bread, Starch, Seafood, Soup, Sandwich, Salad, Breakfast, Dessert, and Artie Bites. These bites will be randomized for the meal & must be completed for the meal to advance to complete status
• To simplify the setup process for the parents in addition to ensuring easy comprehension for the child, only 1 food icon is used to represent a specific food category. The actual foods being served should be assigned to each icon and verbally communicated to the child. For example, “Every time you see the broccoli/vegetable icon, you need to take a bite of peas, the protein/chicken icon means a bite of ham etc.)
~ QUICK BITE ~
• Quick Bite offers a fast way to get started going straight to the Bite Button using predetermined metrics: 5 Artie Bites (our version of a wild card) and 1 min 30 sec per bite
~ THE BITE BUTTON ~
• Intuitive & clean user interface permits kids of most ages to quickly learn how to use the app & ultimately
become self-sufficient in working through the meal planned by the parent
• Each bite is communicated to the child via one of the food group icons used to create the meal in the Bite Plan, or if using the Quick Bite mode, only Artie Bites will be shown.
• Large button & timer display make it easy for kids to see & press The Bite Button
• Total bites remaining in the meal are displayed above Artie’s swamp to help the child keep track of their progress
• Once the bite is taken the child can push anywhere inside the large circular button. If completed prior to the time running out a “happy” Artie will pop up from his swamp, otherwise the “mad” Artie will appear and restart the bite while raising the 'missed bites' count by +1