With The Other Contacts (TOC) you can create a completely independent contact agenda, isolated and inaccessible to the rest of the world. That way, applications and services like Facebook (and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp), Google, LinkedIn, Telegram, Tinder, your bank, your calendar or mail app, etc. will not be able to access the contacts that are stored in TOC.
Every time an application asks access to your iPhone contacts, you are giving access to ALL your contacts. In some cases it can be good, for example, to find a friend more easily in the trending social network. But, in most cases, what you are doing is sharing too much personal information from your contacts (name, phone, mail, company, ...) as well as yours, since they know who you have a relationship with and you lose privacy.
The result is that in suggestions on Instagram you see people who you don´t want to follow, like the plumber who once came over. Or seeing in WhatsApp that personal stories of a contact you have only for work. This shouldn´t be happening, we should not share our full contact agenda with anyone. Only what really interests us.
Whether you want to store in TOC all those numbers that you do not know why you keep or that you use once a year, or if you want to store all the professional contacts or those distant relatives you never see, TOC will allow you to have them always at hand but it will not share them with anyone. Leaving in your main iPhone agenda only those contacts that you use and like, which you can share with those apps and services that you enjoy so much. Only those and no more.
The result is an agenda of really personal and important contacts in the iPhone and all “the other contacts" in TOC, for when you need them and for nothing else.
- All contacts will be stored in iCloud in case something happens to your iPhone.
- Contacts are synchronized between TOC for iPhone and iPad.
- Caller ID! Do not wonder who is calling you for not having the contact in the iPhone's app. When you receive a call, TOC will identify the number if you have it saved and will show it to you.
- Block access to your TOC contacts with Touch ID or Face ID.
- Dark mode and design adapted to the new OLED displays.
- Import contacts from Contacts app.
- Search contacts into the app by name, surname, phone, company...
- Organize your contacts in groups.