Walkie Talkie: Offline Voice & Chat for iPhone and iPad.
Send voice and text messages to others nearby.
Internet connection is not needed.
Use the new Team Speak feature to send voice activated messages without the need to interact with the App on-screen for hands free use. Dim the screen whilst active to conserve battery.
Use even while airplane mode is activated by re-enabling WiFi or Bluetooth radio's (airline permitting).
A wide range of use cases:
- Use at home with your family spread all over the house
- Keep kids entertained during holidays and weekends whilst on walks or just messing about in the garden
- Group camping or jungle tracking in a remote area where there is no reception.
- Groups of cyclists on or off road can keep in contact
- Engineers working in different parts of a building or comms room
- In an airplane or bus when you and your friend are not seated together.
- During a natural disaster such as earthquake, flood, thunderstorm or hurricane when all networks and electricity are down - emergency services could setup Wi-Fi to extend Wi-Fi range, allowing rescuers to connect with people in need
- Mass protest where there is a possibility the government will cut off the internet.
- End of the world, during a Zombie apocalypse or in a war zone.
The multipeer connectivity features in iOS allows peer to peer connections to establish between nearby devices using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Range varies 100-200ft. These features leverage WiFi and Bluetooth radios on your device to connect other iPhones & iPads nearby. Any existing WiFi network devices are on extends the range.
Being connected to a WiFi network is not required as the App creates its own WiFi or Bluetooth network between devices.
7 available channels are available to choose from within settings. The app automatically connects to users on the
Choose a nickname to use whilst in the App.
|Walkie Talkie: Voice & IM Chat|