AfricaWeather, the leaders in accurate weather intelligence services.
The new AfricaWeather app enables you to explore new horizons by providing you with the most accurate weather in Africa. The app gives you the freedom to make informed decisions about your day, by looking at your local weather conditions, observations, storms and lightning. Look no further, download a proudly South African app and see for yourself!
KEY FEATURES INCLUDED
- Observations from hundreds of automated weather stations across the country: Temperature, wind speed and direction, dew point, relative humidity and pressure.
- 7 day forecasts of minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
- Sunrise, Sunset, first light and last light
- Hourly temperature, chance of rain and wind forecasts in our interactive viewer.
- Automated video maps
- Moon information
- Push Notifications*
- Storm tracker with layers available for Lightning*, Storm and Satellite
Data used within the AfricaWeather app is sourced from a number of data sources including observations from Airports and forecasts generated by industry leading forecast ensembles that use all major global weather models to produce the most accurate forecast available. Storm information is generated from lightning activity detected through our own high resolution lightning detection network.
AfricaWeather is Africa’s leading commercial weather information provider serving industries in agriculture, mining, construction, education and consumer markets.
We have rebranded from WeatherSA to AfricaWeather as we are now covering more towns in Africa.
AfricaWeather services over 1 million Africans via our website and mobile applications. We interpret weather information and make it relevant to your lifestyle.
Visit www.africaweather.com for more information.
*Some data are only available to Pro Subscribers.
Choose from two subscriptions options:
* Ad-free - R 39.99/year auto-renewing subscription
* Pro - R 49.99/month auto-renewing subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase