Webster's New World® College Dictionary is the most useful and authoritative dictionary you can own. More than 4,700 entries and senses have been added, including terms from the areas of arts, sports, science, medicine, food, business, law, politics, computers and the Internet. Thousands of revisions have been made to existing senses, to reflect current usage.
About 12,000 Americanisms have been included to extensively cover the words, phrases, and senses first used in the United States. This dictionary features advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible style.
* Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
* More than 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
* Over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
* 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
* 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics and law
* Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
Webster's New World ® College Dictionary, 5th edition is selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. It is a favorite of newsrooms and copy editors nationwide and it is the official dictionary of The Associated Press Stylebook.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to
structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
|Webster’s College Dictionary|
|Collins World Dictionary|
|Medical Acronyms and Symbols|
|Ultrasound Anesthesia Atlas|
|American Heritage Thesaurus|
|American Heritage Dictionary +|
|American Heritage Dict.|
|Clinician's Pocket Drug|
|OfficeSuite for AirWatch|
|Nurse’s Pocket Drug Guide 2015|
|Talk & Translate|
|Oxford Urdu Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Spanish Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford French Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Russian Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Chinese Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Italian Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford German Dictionary 2018|
|OfficeSuite for MobileIron|
|Oxford Dictionary of English|