Air Display for Mac lets you use a spare
Mac’s screen as an extra display for your main Mac. Launch this app on your spare Mac, then wirelessly connect to it
from the free host app you’ll install on your main Mac to instantly expand its screen real estate.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT the free Air Display host software that you need on your main computer. You can download that at getairdisplay.com. This is the client app that turns a Mac into a second monitor for another computer.
— FEATURES —
• Drag windows, apps, or control palettes from your main screen to give yourself more room to work
• Use up to 4 devices simultaneously to extend or mirror your computer
• Choose to run full screen or in a window
• Either extend your screen to get more room to work or mirror to share your screen with an audience
• Connect via Wi-Fi or over Ethernet
• Extremely responsive performance
• Mouse responsiveness indistinguishable from using a wired mouse
— INSTALLATION —
You’ll need the free Air Display host app (from getairdisplay.com) installed on your main Mac, and this Air Display client app running on the Mac you want to use as an extra screen.
• Purchase this app on the Mac you want to use as your second display
• On your main computer, go to getairdisplay.com and install the free host app
If you want to use your iPad or other mobile device as your second screen, you do not need to purchase this app. Air Display for iOS is available in the iTunes App Store (and you’ll still need the same free host software from getairdisplay.com on your main computer).
— COMPATIBILITY —
• Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
• Mac client app: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• The Air Display Host is not compatible with Windows