Like Time Machine® for Final Cut
Supports Final Cut Pro X version 10.1 through 10.4 libraries and Mohave. Supports Final Cut Pro X versions back to 10.0.4.
Ever had your FCP X folders corrupted so you can't launch it? Ever gone down an editing path you didn't like and find you can't undo it? Backups for Final Cut Pro will get you out of such situations.
Install it before you need it!
Backups for Final Cut Pro is like Time Machine® for Final Cut Pro X®! It performs timed and manual snapshots of your FCP X Libraries, Projects and Events.
“Some very cool stuff. There's nothing like it out there” — Larry Jordan
“Life saver — 5 stars
The fact that FCPX doesn't even have a "Save" command, makes me queasy, so "Backups for FCP" comes to the rescue with its "GO" button, letting me save my edits whenever the urge strikes me, as well as letting me backup at scheduled intervals. Now when I edit with FCPX, I feel like I'm wearing a Kevlar life preserver in an ocean full of digital debris and corruption, ready to sink me and all my hard work.” – miggsb
Rate Backups for Final Cut Pro to help make it a success or contact our great support.
What can Backups for Final Cut Pro do?
• Reflecting the fast pace of video editing, Backups for Final Cut Pro creates incremental snapshots of your Libraries, Projects and Events as often as every 2 minutes. The 20 minute backup interval of FCP X can seem like an eternity if you loose your work.
• Consolidates all your Final Cut Pro X data in one place for easy backup and archiving to additional devices.
• It gives you control. You can control how much to backup. You can control what to restore.
• Making labeled snapshots during your editing lets you restore to key steps in your process—"Finished a rough cut", "Finished adding titles", "Ready to export". A description added to a snapshot, describing why you made it, is very handy!
• Lets you restore everything from a given snapshot or selected libraries, projects, folders, events, or Motion templates. You may select what drive to restore to.
• You can back up just the project and event files themselves or add Media, Transcoded Media, Shared Items, or FCP X's own Backup folders.
• Backs up and restores saved Motion projects in your Movies/Motion Templates folder and FCP X version 10.3-4 libraries.
• Ignores Render files. These are easily regenerated.
• Works under Snow Leopard through Mohave.
• Lets you see a list of all your backup snapshots and what files were backed up. You can delete old snapshots.
• “Safe” snapshots. Only completed snapshots are retained. Available disk space is checked before the backup begins.
• “Safe” restores. If to a local drive, replaced files are placed in the Trash—they are never deleted.
• Continually adding new features.