Am I being watched? Is my camera on but did
I somehow miss the green LED? Thanks to click-jacking, trojan horses and malware, hackers have found ways to turn on
your camera without your consent. Camera Lock enables you to lock your camera and refuse access by any app. If a camera
was already in use, its video will freeze immediately and the green LED will start flashing. No more need to tape over
“Believe it or not, a hacker could be spying on you through your MacBook Webcam right now. Yes, right now.”
And, if you unlock your camera for normal use but forgot to lock it again, don't worry; Camera Lock will alert you if somebody turns on your camera!
• Camera Lock completely disables camera access by any app
• When unlocked, automatic alerts when a camera is accessed
• Fast keyboard shortcuts to lock/unlock
• Log with most recent camera activity
• System status bar icon shows camera activity
• Adjustable alert sound (on/ off)
• Automatic launch at logon (on/ off)
• Autolock with screensaver/screenlock (on/ off)
• Synchronizes with Microphone Lock (separately available in the Mac AppStore)
• Compatible with both internal and external webcams
Get more grip on your privacy, lock your camera and detect intruders.
Camera Lock was developed to minimize the risk of unauthorized camera access. Future advances in operating system as well as hacking may affect the risk. The only 100% secure way to prevent unauthorized camera access is to have no camera at all.