1.9 Million word puzzle
Note: Version 7 ( 3 Million words and added QQQ Dictionary - Queries, Quotes, Quips and Themes) has been released on the Mac App Store, but this version 4 is now still available for free. If you like version 4, you will love version 7 with the new features and added content. Please enter your review and comments in order that future versions be improved.
This thirteen thousand (13,000) page digital dictionary/gazetteer (version 4) supplements all other paper crossword dictionaries and is by far the largest and most complete work of its kind. It is the heavyweight of crossword references. The dictionary is over eleven thousand (11,500) pages long and the gazetteer content is over one thousand (1500) pages. The software allows for extensive easy searching and browsing, including specialized gazetteer (geography) sub-searches to find rivers, cities, language, coin, measure, VIPs and much more. The total work contains over one hundred and ninety four thousand (194,000) individual look-up words with over 1.9 million total words including look-up word definitions (clues) and supporting information, all cross referenced. The included word entries are timely (year 2010) and extend back over seventy years to represent more puzzler clues than can be found in anything available. Also included is almanac material (i.e. Nobel Prize & Academy Award winners, Shakespeare, sports, film and songs) and extensive foreign language content. A new feature of version 4 allows the user to generate their own dictionary of up to fifty thousand (50,000) look-up words with an allotment of 50 characters for clues for each look-up word. This user created private dictionary has the same search and sort functions as that of the main dictionary.
* 1.9 million total words
* 13,000 Equivalent paper pages
* Over 1,500 pages of geographical reference material
* User Created Private Dictionary (up to 50,000 look-up words with several optional clues)
* Cross referenced
* Easy word & clue search / browse
* Special gazetteer (geography) search feature (cities, rivers, coin, mountain, lakes VIP etc.)
* Extensive foreign language content
* Modern and historical content
* Content is from actual crossword puzzles
* Almanac material (Nobel Prizes, Academy Awards, Shakespeare, film, song, Walk of Fame)