There are many applications that use DBF
format for data storage. Some of them are written in the languages of Clipper and FoxPro. Developers and system
administrators sometimes need to quickly view and edit the content of the files.
DBFEdit - it's a quick and easy way to view and edit DBF files, DBF III & IV format (with & without MEMO fields, stored in .DBT & .FPT files). Added function of editing files of CIECA EMS standard (Extensions: ENV/VEH/TTL/STL/AD1/AD2/PFT/PFL/PFP/PFM/PFO/LIN), Visual FoxPro (limited use for MEMO fields and special types of fields) and dBASE 7 (limited use for special types of fields) .
Added clipboard support.
DBFEdit has the following functions:
1. Add record in the file.
2. Delete/UnDelete/Invert selected records from the file.
3. Packing the file.
4. Sorting the file by field in ascending order.
5. Search within the file.
6. Find & Replace.
7. Jump to any record in the file.
8. Selecting of list of rows.
9. Editing values in any field in the file.
10. Editing of content of MEMO fields.
11. Export file to .CSV.
12. Append from ...
And DBFEdit gives you the opportunity to apply eighteen kinds of encoding.