Please make sure that your drive supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) before purchasing DriveMon.
You can check the S.M.A.R.T. status of in System Report -> Storage. DiskUtility can also check the S.M.A.R.T. status.
DriveMon is a tool which can help to monitor, check the health status of your hard-drive disks or solid-drive disks. DriveMon is built with S.M.A.R.T. technology.
What can DirveMon do?
1. Reports S.M.A.R.T. attributes for S.M.A.R.T. capable disk. And supports to view recent scanned S.M.A.R.T. attributes;
2. Reports general information for disk;
3. Reports errors for disk which is S.M.A.R.T. capable;
4. Reports lifetime indicator, temperature, etc. for most S.M.A.R.T. capable SSD;
5. Supports self-test for S.M.A.R.T. capable disk;
6. Reports errors log for S.M.A.R.T. capable disk.
About S.M.A.R.T.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.