Dropshelf is a place to put things. Drag
anything to the edge of the screen, and a shelf slides out. Drop files, images, text and links — whatever you want to
keep handy, or move from one place to another.
Create shelves wherever there is space at the edge of the screen, including on multiple monitors. Dropshelf makes it easy to drag items between windows, tabs, full screen apps and spaces.
Some things you can do....
- Create multiple shelves for different items
- Paste clipboard contents directly to a shelf
- Drop multiple files onto one shelf to combine them in one drag
- Copy from the shelf to the clipboard
- Drag images from Photos or web pages and have them "resolve" into a file
- Put things in Dropshelf to keep for later - shelves minimize when not in use
- Reveal shelf items in Finder
Please note: files dropped on a shelf are stored by reference and continue to reside in their original file system location. Thus, Dropshelf cannot be used to "declutter" you desktop.
Dropshelf is integrated with OS X in several more thoughtful, workflow-enhancing ways — check out the User Guide for some tricks and tips.