"[Does] a much better job than iTunes’ Show
Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries." -
Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
Quickly find, filter, and Trash your iTunes duplicate tracks. Delete "dead" track duplicates. Handles iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match tracks. Dupin Lite 2 is your iTunes duplicates manager.
Dupin Lite 2 handles your duplicate tracks in 3 simple steps:
1. Get Duplicates - gather your duplicate tracks into Dupe Groups based on your choice of criteria. Case-sensitivity/insensitivity and "fuzzy" time matching can identify near-dupes.
2. Filter - automatically designate the single "Keeper" track in each Dupe Group using a variety of versatile filtering options (Most/Least Played, Oldest/Newest Added, Highest/Lowest Bit Rate, and much more)
3. Purge - remove the "non-Keeper" tracks from iTunes and optionally move their files to the Trash*
Additional Dupin Lite 2 features:
• Works with iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match tracks in the cloud*
• Support for Notifications
• Audition tracks via Quick Look
• Delete "dead" tracks
• Toggle case-sensitivity during duplicates search
• "Fuzzy" time matching
• Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
• Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
• Sort tracks and view track info
• Export a list of duplicates to a text file
• Manage intentional duplicates
• Visual progress feedback during operations
• Ample keyboard shortcuts
• Customizable toolbar
• Robust Help and Documentation
Dupin Lite 2 is fast, flexible, and easy to configure.
For OS X 10.8 and later.
Feedback can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER: Doug Adams is the proprietor of "Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes", dougscripts.com, which has been providing reliable solutions to Mac iTunes users since 2001.
*Tracks designated to be Purged whose files are located in the cloud will be copied to a new discrete iTunes playlist from which they can be batch-deleted by the user to avoid having to individually acknowledge the iTunes delete alert for each track.