Easy CSV Editor is a must-have editor for
CSV and TSV data files. In a clean and user-friendly interface, it offers simplicity and flexibility to edit both small
and large documents.
• Open, create, edit and save CSV/TSV documents even if they are not properly formatted, like don't have the same number of fields in each row!
• Sort the entire document or a range of rows, based on multiple sorting rules.
• Merge or split the selected cells or even entire columns. There are multiple options which lets you configure how the merge or split is performed!
• Fill the selected cells using text of your choice. You may also choose if only empty cells to be filled or all cells.
• Find and Replace text using a familiar, yet powerful, interface.
• Find and Replace is supported in the entire document as well as in selected columns/rows/cells. To search in your desired range you right click on the selected columns/rows/cells and select "Find in" menu item or click the "search" image in the find bar and
then access the options from "Find In" submenu.
• Find also lets you configure where in the cells' text to look for matches: "Contains", "Equals To", "Starts With" and "Ends With".
• Use "Clear" menu item to "cut" the last fields from a row (or even entire rows!). This way you can produce beautiful headers for your documents, without the usual clutter produced by the field separators.
• Auto-detection of CSV format, while providing you the option to adjust the detected parameters.
• You can configure, from "Preferences" -> "General" tab, whether or not you want to be prompted for CSV input properties each time you open a file that has been opened before. If you choose to not be prompted then the application will use the last known properties for that file to open it.
• Select a group of cells to copy, cut or clear. This is in addition to selecting entire rows and columns!
• Full support for Undo & Redo.
• Copy & Paste data between Easy CSV Editor and other applications (i.e. Excel, Numbers). Works the other way around, too!
• Text transformations which allow you to cleanup and beautify your documents. Some of the available transformations: make upper case, make lower case, capitalize words and sentences, trim whitespaces, quotes or a custom character, enclose in quotes, parentheses or a custom text, remove diacritics etc.
• Customize the font used to display the CSV data. You can even increase or decrease the font size per document window (from "View" menu). These changes are persisted between application relaunches!
• Customize the CSV properties when the document is saved.
• Quickly visualize and change the properties of an opened document - just hit CMD + I or tap "Inspector" button in the toolbar.
• Use first row from the CSV as table's header.
• Contextual menus for selected cells, column headers or row numbers.
• Drag & Move entire columns and rows.
• Select a range of columns or rows by clicking the first column/row header in the range, and then hold down Shift key while you click the last column/row in the range.
• Change the width of individual columns by dragging the column separators.
• Double click the column separator so the column to the left to resize its width to fit the content.
• Add rows or columns, via existing shortcuts or menu items, to the left/right/up/down of selection.
• Insert copied rows/columns above or below the selection.
• Quickly jump to a row - just hit CMD + L.
• Quickly jump to the cells which are selected - just hit CMD + J.
• Quickly move, via existing shortcuts or menu items, to document's left/right/top/bottom margin.
• Preferences - among other things you can change the visibility of gridlines, headers, footers and line numbers.
• Print - among other things you can customize if the headers and line numbers are printed or not.
• Full screen support.
• Tabs support (starting from macOS Sierra) - just hit CMD + T to create a new tab in the current window.