FileAngel Lite is the easiest to use Mac
Data Recovery Software available. It can undelete files from any kind of media that you can connect to your Mac, from
phones to cameras to hard drives. It's fully functional on internal & external drives, and is fully 10.8 compatible
if you purchase the App Store version - because that makes the website version automatically registered with no further
steps required! All you have to do is download it from the website and boom - it just works.
It recovers files from the trash after it's been emptied, and files from formatted, corrupted, or unmountable disks. You'll be surprised at what it'll find.
In the same way you browse through your regular files using the Finder, FileAngel will scan your disks for permanently deleted files and allow you to view them in a media rich file browser window.
It works on virtually any kind of media, from standard Macintosh disks, to disks from other operating systems that are unreadable in OS X. It is also designed to withstand physical faults on the media it is used on, allowing it to skip over unreadable parts (whether it's a hard drive with the infamous click of death, a scratched CD, or a USB pen drive with bad blocks).
Most people find the results remarkable. Bringing back hundreds of thousands of files on a big disk, and bringing back memories from years ago.
With a copy of this at hand you are guaranteed to run into people that have accidentally deleted files off their digital cameras and memory sticks and such, and will be able to help them out. From the experience of this company, the amount of relief and surprise you will see in the people you help is overwhelming.
• Enhanced for Lion
• Media rich interface
• Tolerant of physically faulty media
• Content-based scanning to be media type independent
• Search either for solely erased files, or for any file present on the disk
• Media type independent. Works on any device you can plug in to your computer that acts as a disk
• Works on SSD drives
• Enhanced Digital Camera support, including implementation of professional file formats
• Enhanced USB Key Drive support
• Enhanced CD/DVD support
• The most robust and consistent results you can get
• Guaranteed results
• It is recommended to have a separate drive to save the recovered files to. This could be another hard disk partition, an external drive, a USB Key, or a web disk