Foobar is an easy to use, code
experimentation, creative coding and code learning development environment for Mac OS X. With Foobar you can test your
ideas, learn new programming techniques and algorithms, write small tools, utilities and scripts, all from the same
Equipped with a powerful editor, a VT100 console and a preview area, Foobar is indispensable tools for many kinds of daily programming tasks.
Download Foobar to get Foobar Plus free of charge!
• Full-featured code editor with themes, syntax highlighting and more
• VT100 console and web-based preview area to see your ideas in actions without leaving the current window
• Code templates - start coding right away with predefined, language-specific code templates
• Publish as GitHub Gist- publish your experiments to GitHub Gist right from Foobar
• Export the entire code template together with your modifications in a single bundle for easier sharing.
• Multi-file support - play with multiple projects at the same time
• Full customisation of all visual areas - make this tool your own
WHAT’S COMING NEXT
• Support for more languages and development environments
• Editor improvements
• Assistant editor
• Support for LESS, SASS and CSS
• Share to JSFiddle, Pastebin and more
Foobar is a great tools to learn new programming languages and development frameworks. It is suitable for novice and advanced users. Foobar is also a great tool to introduce kids to the art of programming.