Tumult HyperEdit is a lightweight HTML and
PHP editor with a preview pane that displays the web page live as you type. HyperEdit breaks the tedious cycle of
writing html, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser by combining the writing phase with
the viewing phase. This clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page.
W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not
only standards compliant, but also very fast.
Macworld: 4 1/2 mice (Nov '04)
HyperEdit can be used for:
* Testing HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it.
* Testing and executing PHP code.
* Writing forum, blog, or journal entries.
* Interactively trying out CSS code.
* And creating whole websites.
* Live HTML W3C-based validation with red underlines and an error drawer
* Code Snippets palette allows commonly used code and tags (open and close) to be saved and recalled using custom key stroke combinations
* Files attached to the table in the Linked Filed drawer will cause a refresh of the web view when they are saved.
* View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
* Color swatches palette allows inserting colors and saving favorites