Sophisticated contacts importer and
Excel-to-vCard converter rolled into one · Don’t like In-App purchases? Visit the developer's website.
Importer for Contacts picks up where Apple Contacts left off: The app imports contacts from Excel files, CSV files, tab-delimited files, and vCards into “Contacts” with more options. As a bonus, it can also convert CSV and Excel files to vCard files directly without the need to import them first. The app is also able to restore Address Book groups from vCards.
Importer for Contacts provides these advantages:
- Imports Excel files (.xlsx), including embedded pictures
- Accepts CSV files that Apple’s Contacts app refuses to open
- Imports vCards with automatic group restoration
- Maps fields automatically and remembers field mappings for future imports.
- Lets you save mappings to make repeated imports easier
- Supports custom labels
- Can perform automatic group assignment. Groups that do not already exist will be created. In your import file, simply add a column with a comma-separated list of group names that the contact should be a member of.
- Supports line breaks in CSV and tab-delimited text file fields (street addresses, notes, etc.) if the file is properly formatted
- Fields not supported by Contacts can be added to the "Note" field
- Provides a powerful feature to extract comma- or new-line separated labelled value lists from an import field. For example, if your import file contains a field with several phone numbers in the form "work: (123) 456-789, home: (987) 654-321", map this to the "Phone" contact field and choose "Extract from field" from the "Label" popup menu. Importer for Contacts will then split the text into separate values, assigning the provided label to each of them accordingly.
- Comes with an interactive preview to make it easier to determine the character encoding of the import file – helpful if you don't know which encoding was used or if you have no idea what a character encoding is.
Importer for Contacts is a native macOS application, supporting all the fields of a Mac/iOS Address Book contact, including custom labels.
Unless unlocked with an In-App Purchase, Importer for Contacts allows the import of 10 records to give you a chance to check if the app does fit your needs.
Importer for Contacts needs access to your contacts database to convert and import records. Without this permission, the app will not work.
For questions, suggestions, and bug reports please contact the author. Please don't use the review system of the App Store to ask questions.