RF Explorer is an affordable Handheld
Spectrum Analyzer designed from scratch to be a sort of Swiss Army Knife for the specific needs of ISM band digital
communication. Depending on the model and (optional) expansion board you'll be able to cover all ISM bands.
The iRF Explorer application connects to the device over the USB port using a normal USB to mini-USB cable.
You are then able to extract spectrums, spectrograms and capture screenshots. Furthermore simple maxima, averages and standard deviations can be calculated on the fly.
These can be exported (simple copy/paste) as a PNG, PDF for inclusion in reports; as text or Latex for use in a Laboratory Information system or as CSV files. In the latter case - a paste in Numbers/Excel will allow you to further manipulate the numbers.
For those who do not yet have an an RF-Explorer - there is a demo which uses your microphone as the source for a spectrum.
Version 1.01 - September 2011
- First version.
Version 1.07 - November 2011
- Support for RF Explorers with a second expansion cards
- Support for Lab-book/notebook auxiliary info on print and paste.
- Control over PDF v.s. TIFF/PNG copy/export for LIMS applications which do support only either format.
- Spectrogram (scrolling plot against time)
- Improved Copy/Paste and Print (including Latex and text versions of the settings).
- Support for the WiFi Analyzer mode
- Support for automatic full-range sweeping
- Audio demo mode added.