The Liquid | Author word processor provides
a minimalist visual environment with powerful controls:
• Quick Citation Creation. Select text and cmd-T to add citations for academic papers, books, videos (including playing from the moment cited, right inside Author) or simply pasting from Safari for a web-citation in one step.
• Quick Citation Check. Click to see the source, including having video citations play inside Author, from the moment cited.
• Editable Outline. Pinch to collapse the text using your trackpad to see just the Headings and then click in the left hand margin to re-arrange the Headings.
• Read/Edit Modes for specific interactions to make both modes more powerful and pleasant, such as spacebar to move down a screen in Read mode or select text and spacebar to have the text spoken.
• If you want to see all the sentences with a specific keyword you come across, select the keywords and on cmd-f all the sentences which do not have the keyword will be hidden. Click on a sentence to jump to it, ESC or click in the margin to return to the regular view. cmd-G to do it aGain.
•All commands have easy to remember keyboard shortcuts and you can ctrl-click on text to check what options are available, such as cmd-1,2,3,4,5 to turn the text into headings.
• Only The Controls You Need, No Distractions. cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text, you cannot change the size, colour or font of specific text in Author, only make it bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore gives you less things to unproductively fiddle with.
• Modern Architecture including auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future).
• Warm background to reduce eye strain. Note that in full screen mode your eyes will quite quickly adjust to the cast so you will enjoy the benefit without really noticing anything different.
• ESC to go into and out of full screen, which seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents.
• Publish/Export to Plain Text, RTF, Word and PDF with automatic appending of citations in a References/Bibliography section at the end of the document with choice of citations being presented in brackets or with superscript (In-App-Upgrade).
More powerful with the Liquid | Flow companion utility. Includes Search, References, Conversions, Translations and Share to WordPress and Medium. This is a separate download, please click on it in the list on the right, here in the App Store ––>
Please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions and of course, bug reports directly to me: email@example.com https://twitter.com/liquidizer
Author is a product of a passion for the possibilities of interactive text - this is just the start. For more information please visit www.liquid.info and http://futureoftext.org