▶▶▶ COMPLETELY REVIEWED, UPDATED AND
The "Michaelis Moderno Dicionário da Língua Portuguesa" was completely reviewed, updated and expanded, and is now named "Michaelis Dicionário Brasileiro da Língua Portuguesa". It took more than 15 years of work to get you the most complete and updated dictionary of the Portuguese language spoken in Brazil, exclusively in digital format.
Made with scientific and lexicographical rigor, the "Michaelis Dicionário Brasileiro da Língua Portuguesa" contains more than 350,000 definitions and is updated with terms created due to the development of science and technology, and new words used in the many communication medias, including regionalisms, colloquialisms and slang.
The contents of the entire dictionary follows the Portuguese Language Orthographic Vocabulary (VOLP, 5th edition, March 2009), respecting the changes introduced by the Portuguese Language Orthographic Agreement of 1990.
The application was created using state-of-the-art technology, presenting results immediately when querying for a word, with a clean and objective user interface optimized for your Mac.
The complete contents of the dictionary requires only a small space in your computer, not requiring Internet connection.
These are the main features of the "Michaelis Dicionário Brasileiro da Língua Portuguesa":
• complete contents without requiring Internet connection;
• more than 167,000 words and 350,000 definitions;
• more than 47,000 examples and accreditations; more than 27,000 expressions;
• syllable division of the entries;
• references to more than 100 areas of knowledge;
• part of speech and government of verbs;
• etymology of the words, detailing its origin and structure;
• plurals, feminines, irregular augmentatives and diminutives;
• accreditations, idiomatic expressions and slang;
• complete conjugation of all verbs in the dictionary;
• references to synonyms and variants;
• extra texts:
– rules of syllabic division;
– usage of crasis, punctuation and capitalization;
– forms of address, collectives, and verbs;
– new Portuguese orthography;
• advanced query by spelling approximation;
• query by beginning, ending, or middle of entry or by definition of the entry;
• history and bookmarks of entries;