Monal allows you to connect to your chat
server without having to give a third party access to your password or messages. Whether it is a personal Google talk
account or a corporate chat server, it is important not to give someone access to sensitive information. This app has
no ads, no user behavior tracking and all messages are exchanged directly with the XMPP chat server.
- Open Source
- Free and No Ads! Strong focus on privacy. Does not phone home and does not have "metrics" software beyond anonymous crash reporting (crashlytics). Does not read any personal information.
- A direct client that does not transmit your password to a 3rd party.
- Reply from OS notification bubbles
- Will work with corporate XMPP servers that require VPN
- MUC multi user chat
- Tested heavily with Google Talk, Openfire, Prosody and eJabberd servers.
Implements XMPP certain extensions intended to improve performance.
- XEP-0280: Message Carbons keep messages in synch between clients.
- XEP-0198: Stream Management to quickly reconnect.
- XEP-0199: XMPP Ping to maintain connections.
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management to download chat history.
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication for dramatic reduction on power use.
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload to send images in conversations.
|Monal - Free XMPP chat|