Be sure to check out our 1 minute How To
Log internet connection outages, create long term graphs of your network traffic speeds, monitor servers and IP devices. Optionally display current network speed in the menu bar. If there are certain times of day or week that your network slows down or has an outage, Network Logger Pro will show you.
An optional speech synthesis feature announces when your internet connection goes down and up. Other types of events for almost any type of server or device can also be verbally announced, see below.
Network Logger Pro can also be used to monitor web sites, ongoingly ping any network device and produce historical graphs and logs of their speeds, outages, and response times.
Some customers have told us of interesting uses they have for Network Logger Pro. One is a network contractor who uses it to monitor wifi systems he installs on remote drilling rigs and to provide statistics to his clients documenting his service. Another uses Network Logger Pro to monitor a weak satellite link in Africa, to determine the best times of day to connect.
• Internet Connection Outage Logging
• Long Term Automated Internet Connection Speed and Connectivity Testing
• Realtime Traffic Displays for all Network Interfaces and Routers*
• Automated Ping Testing
• Automated HTTP Testing
• Router Monitoring for UPnP & SNMP (v1,v2) Enabled Routers*
• Historical Traffic Graphs for all Network Interfaces and Routers*
• Menubar Display showing Speed and Connection Status
• Website Transmission Speed Graphs
• Ping & HTTP Response Time Graphs
• Ping & HTTP Outage Logs
• Customizable Spoken Announcements for Monitoring Events
• Customizable Color Themes
• Linear and Log Graphing Styles
• Clickable Stats on Graph Bars
• Autosave of Monitoring Sessions
• Save and Resume Monitoring Sessions
• Export Graphs as PDFs
• Export Logs as .log Files
• Export CSV File Statistics
When monitoring a server URL or a device IP address with a URL Monitor you can customize the spoken and logged status announcements by entering your own text. With this you can set up spoken announcements for any device that responds to pings or HTTP requests such as:
• The company website is down.
• The smart TV in Johnny's bedroom has been turned on.
• The IP security camera by the garage went down.
• The online store payment gateway is not responding.
Also see Network Logger IT, a separate product with the same features, but which also offers emailed notifications of monitoring events.
If you have an issue using Network Logger Pro or need help, email the support address on this page and you will get support right away. Suggestions are welcome.
*Note: If you are interested in purchasing this app for the router monitoring feature, you can test your router's compatibility with Network Logger by downloading the free utility "NL Compatibility Checker" first. Available on the Mac App Store.
A customer comment that demonstrates a real world use of Network Logger:
"My DSL has been dropping its connection (losing sync) about a ten times a day. This wouldn't be a huge problem for just casual surfing, but it brings down my VPN connection every time and everything running over that connection, which is a big hassle. Network Logger has been invaluable in documenting for my ISP just how frequently my connection goes down. When I called my ISP with this information, I got to 2nd level support almost immediately, without even being asked if it's plugged in, or to turn it off and turn it on again.
All in all, a great tool with lots of different uses. Very handy to have in your toolbox whether you need to constantly monitor a site, or just to have around for occasional use when your network or site starts behaving oddly."