Parallels Desktop® for Mac is the fastest, easiest, and most powerful application for running Windows® on a Mac®—without rebooting.
Brought to you by the world-class developers of the #1-rated Mac virtualization software.
Note: It is not recommended that existing Parallels Desktop® for Mac users move to Parallels Desktop App Store Edition.
Installation Assistant helps you to get up and running in a few minutes.
Powerful performance lets you run common Windows applications—like Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, Quicken®, Visio or Microsoft® Visual Studio — or easily run the most demanding applications, such as modern Windows games on your Mac (Parallels Desktop is the first app in the world that supported DirectX® 11 in virtual machines).
Creating and editing virtual machine configurations is available for free.
Running virtual machines requires an in-app purchase of an auto-renewable subscription (1 year). You can cancel at any time.
There is a fully functional 14-day trial, so you can test Parallels Desktop before you commit.
Note: Microsoft Windows is not included and must be purchased separately.
Guest operating systems:
With Parallels Desktop App Store Edition, you can run the following operating systems in a virtual machine on your Mac:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and XP
- macOS Big Sur 11.0, macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12
- Most Linux distributions
- Late 2011 or newer Mac with Intel processor
Note: At the moment Parallels Desktop functions only on Macs with Intel processors.
- macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or later
- 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended/16 GB for best performance)
- 500 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop application
- SSD is recommended for best performance
- A discrete AMD Radeon graphics card for running graphics-intensive applications
- Additional disk space for virtual machines (varies on the operating system installed)
Seamless integration features between Mac and Windows, including productivity boosters built-in. These features include, but are not limited to, the following:
- NEW: Configure your virtual machine to operate in the Bridged networking mode
- NEW: 3D graphics acceleration up to DirectX® 11.1
- NEW: Metal graphics acceleration in macOS Big Sur 11 (and later) virtual machines
- Copy/paste formatted text and files between macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Drag and drop files and images between macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Share Mac folders with Windows—including Desktop, Documents, and Downloads—without duplication and saving precious disk space on your Mac
- Resize the window to get the desired Windows or Linux resolution
- Use Mac printers in Windows
- Connect USB devices to Windows
Feedback: We want you to be completely satisfied with Parallels Desktop. If you have any feedback, problems, or concerns, please contact us at https://www.parallels.com/products/pdas/support/
— LEGAL — The duration and price of each subscription are displayed in the Parallels' storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to the Apple ID account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the Apple ID account settings.