Photo GeoTag allows you to geotag JPEG, PNG
and TIFF files, or change the existing geotag information. It’s a great way to add or correct the GPS properties of any
JPEG, PNG or TIFF file! Have a lot of photos with no GPS values? Now you can easily geotag them. Have photos with an
incorrect GPS location? Now you can easily correct the GPS location.
When you open a JPEG, PNG, TIF or TIFF image file with Photo GeoTag, the image and a map are displayed on a single window. If the image has GPS properties, a map pin is placed on the map representing the GPS location. To change the latitude and longitude GPS properties, simply drag the map pin to a new location. To add the latitude and longitude GPS properties, either specify the address, or the latitude and longitude values, or simply shift-click the map and a pin is dropped on the location you clicked. It’s that easy! To update the altitude, click the altitude button. No changes are made to the file until you save your changes.
A batch mode is also available for assigning the same location to multiple files.
Major features include
- Change the existing latitude and longitude location of a JPEG, PNG, or TIFF geotagged file.
- Add latitude and longitude location values to a JPEG, PNG or TIFF file that has not been geotagged.
- Add or update the altitude to a geotagged JPEG, PNG or TIFF file.
- Import GPX track and waypoint data for reference only (to automatically set the photo location according to timestamps from GPX data see our app “GPX Photo Geotagger”).
- Inspector drawer shows image metadata.
- Send the location to Apple Maps.
- Choose OpenStreetMap as the map source.
- Image is no longer recompressed.
- Batch mode for processing multiple files at once.
- Displays file metadata.
- Export file metadata.
- Shows satellite view of location and street view if available.
- Edit or add photo creation date.
- Export screenshot of map.
You cannot edit photos directly within the Photos library (this is also true with other apps such as Preview). You must export the photos, geotag them, and then import them back into Photos.
For troubleshooting and more info, please click the Support button or visit http://geotag.modesittsoftware.com
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS. We cannot respond to comments and suggestions made in the Reviews.