Pro Player is a professional QuickTime
player for video content creators and motion graphics designers. With its beautifully designed monochromatic interface,
Pro Player provides a fast, elegant and streamlined way to review or present your content.
Watch the video:
• Clean and simple single-window interface.
• Large time display (timecode, absolute time or frames).
• Time Selection - Set in and out times for a custom playback range.
• Alpha Controls - View alpha channel as white on black, change viewer background to checkerboard pattern and interpret file as premultiplied or straight.
• Track Listing - View a list of video, audio and timecode tracks in the current file with the ability to mute and solo individual audio tracks.
• Favourite Folders - Add frequently used folders for direct access to media files within Pro Player.
• Desktop - Allows freeform organization of files with interactive thumbnails.
• No playback control overlays - see an unobstructed view of your video at all times.
• JKL keyboard control.
• Shuttle and jog by dragging on viewer.
• Visual display of current shuttle speed.
• Jump back/forward command with selectable times in preferences.
• Single-key full screen mode.
• Audio volume and mute.
• Reveal current file in Finder.
• Visual recent files display with interactive thumbnails.
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts.
- Pro Player is designed for playback of .mov, .mp4 and audio files. It does not support playback of MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files. XAVC S codec is not supported due to limitations with QuickTime.
- Pro Player will open MXF files (including XAVC) if the Pro Video Formats update is installed (requires purchase of Final Cut Pro, Motion or Compressor).
- Avid DNxHR codec does not decode alpha channels correctly. This affects display in the Player and thumbnails in the Browser. Avid are aware of the bug.
- If Pro Player is crashing on opening of a movie, it is likely that you have an old QuickTime codec on your system that needs updating. See this support article from Boinx Software for details http://www.boinx.com/knowledge/istopmotion/general/WS03147