***Extreme Sale! Dictionary Prices 1.09 -
Three English-Turkish and Turkish-English dictionaries by Redhouse Publishing House available for in-app purchase.
Full wordlist and 100 sample entries of each dictionary to preview before buying.
The app allows to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any of 3 dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog, containing:
- The Redhouse Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
- The Redhouse Portable Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
- The Redhouse Pocket Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
Search and translate features:
• Search through dictionary headwords.
• Fulltext search mode – to search for usage examples.
• Dictionaries now support enhanced the built-in dictation feature* on the latest Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The dictation feature allows the user to look up words in the dictionary by saying them.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• English morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Look up from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application.
• Search through Favorites.
• Search history - while you are using the dictionary, it saves all looked up and viewed words/phrases in the History.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Quick access to virtual keyboard.
• Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
* To enable the dictation feature, you need to select in System Preferences the “Dictation & Speech” option and clicks on the required languages. To use the dictation feature in dictionary apps, press the “Fn” (Function) Key twice, then pronounces a word and clicks “Done.”
The history of Redhouse dictionaries goes back to the year 1861. Sir James Redhouse, an English orientalist who spent years living in the Ottoman Empire, published his English-Turkish dictionary A Lexicon: English and Turkish in 1861 in Istanbul. Later, he published the complementary Turkish-English dictionary Turkish and English Lexicon in 1890. Redhouse dictionaries have continued to be regularly updated and published in expanded versions, preserving the well-respected name in the area of English-Turkish/Turkish-English dictionary publishing.
|Redhouse Sözlük İngilizce <-> Türkçe.|