SpeakerCalc is an easy-to-use graphing
calculator that supports do-it-yourself cabinet design for a woofer or subwoofer loudspeaker system. It makes use of the
Thiele-Small parameters available from speaker manufacturers, and displays essential response curves such as sound
intensity levels and cone excursion.
- Sound pressure/intensity level curve
- System impedance curve
- Support for passive radiator designs as well as closed and ported enclosures
- Port airspeed and vent length
- Passive radiator mass output for resonance tuning
- Off-axis directivity attenuation calculation
- Alignment choices for ported (vented) and closed-box designs
- Continuous parameter adjustment via slider, with instant response curve update
- Automatic parameter units conversions
- Creation, saving, and editing of designs
- Several built-in driver specifications, and easy entry of more
The in-app help document can be previewed on the support site.